West Monroe Chamber Events
- : 01/17/2017 - Tasty Tuesday Restaurant Spotlight - Upcoming Events
- : 01/18/2017 - Diplomat Luncheon Jan 2017 Happy New Year! - Upcoming Events
Join us for our first Diplomats meeting of 2017!
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
The Wellness Center
3215 Cypress Street in West Monroe
11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The topic for this month's meeting is "Health and Wellness in the Workplace," presented by Randi Rowe, programs and marketing manager for The Wellness Center and a special presentation from Megan LeBeouf of the American Cancer Society on "Where we are in the Fight Against Cancer."
A tour of The Wellness Center will immediately follow the speakers.
The cost is $10 per person. Click here to REGISTER.
- : 01/21/2017 - Platforms & Polyester - Upcoming Events
- : 01/24/2017 - Tasty Tuesday Restaurant Spotlight - Upcoming Events
- : 01/24/2017 - Ribbon Cutting for Daren Moody State Farm Office - Upcoming Events
Daren Moody State Farm Agency
1311 North 18th St.
Tuesday, January 24
- : 01/24/2017 - Neighbors Mfg Ribbon Cutting - Upcoming Events
- : 01/26/2017 - Vantage Health: The Coming of the Merchants: The First Jewish Immigrants to NELA - Upcoming Events
- : 01/26/2017 - Home 2 Suites Ribbon Cutting - Upcoming Events
- : 01/27/2017 - Northeast Delta Human Services Authority - Upcoming Events
Save the Date!
Join us on Friday, January 27, 2016
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
West Monroe Convention Center, West Monroe, LA
- Dr. Monteic A. Sizer, NE Delta HSA Executive Director
- Mark Napoli, MD, Interventional Cardiology
- Jennifer Haneline, MSW, LCSW, LA Tobacco-Free Living
- Cesar Comacho, Principal of INFIT Fitness
- Hope Anderson, RD, Founder of Health with Hope, former Miss Louisiana
Thomas J. Payne, PhD., University of Mississippi Medical Center
This event is free of charge. Lunch will be provided!
Click Here to RSVP
CEUs will be available
The Clear New Year Summit is designed to help your agency or company improve the health of those around you, from employees to clients to family. We can do better by clearing up myths, providing brief interventions, encouraging healthy environments and using research-based techniques.
- 2.5 CEUs available for physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists, counselors/therapists, peer support specialists
- 6 CEUs available through LASACT for addictive disorder licenses
NE Delta HSA Executive Director Dr. Monteic A. Sizer will speak on the topic of Behavioral and Primary Healthcare: A Regional Perspective. He will also lead a panel discussion about regional integrated behavioral and primary healthcare.
Keynote Speaker Dr. Thomas Payne has trained numerous Tobacco Cessation Specialists and will share with us person-centered techniques to help people strengthen their motivation for change.
Dr. Mark Napoli will connect the dots to clear up misunderstandings we might have concerning the link between smoking and heart disease.
Jennifer Haneline with Tobacco Free Living will clear the way for healthy communities through policy change and coalition building.
Caesar Comacho, health guru, will clear up how to go from a smoker to a healthy gym manager.
Hope Anderson, Registered Dietician and former Ms. Louisiana will clearly explain how nutrition plays a vital role in improving health outcomes.
Jean Hartzog, an Internationally Certified Prevention Specialist and Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist will serve as the event emcee.
There is a 200-person capacity for this event!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and secure your spot.
See you there!
- : 01/28/2017 - Empty Bowls - A Serving of Art, Food and Music - Upcoming Events
Empty Bowls - A Serving of Art, Food and Music
Benefiting the Food Bank of Northeast Louisiana
Date: Saturday, January 28, 2017
Time: 11 am - 2 pm
Location - TBD Monroe, LA (We will know for sure in the next couple of weeks)
Cost: $30 ticket includes handcrafted bowl, food and entertainment; or $15 ticket for food and entertainment only.
With the price of an inclusive event ticket, guests can choose a beautiful bowl crafted by a local artist to take home as a reminder of all of the empty bowls in the world. Signature dishes from area chefs will be served, accompanied by music, activities and a silent auction. One hundred percent of the ticket sales are devoted to fighting hunger through the Northeast Louisiana Food Bank. The goal is to raise awareness for hunger while also raising critical funds to provide food assistance to those struggling with hunger locally.