- Fri, 27 May 2016 23:11:45 +0000: Proposals could see millions more in corporate income tax - Monroe - News
Multi-state and international corporations could pay millions more in corporate income tax under proposals the governor, legislators and the Department of Revenue are considering as Gov.
- Fri, 27 May 2016 23:03:30 +0000: Degree rare for grad transfers in revenue sports - Monroe - News
Less than a third of football and basketball players complete postgraduate studies after transferring
- Fri, 27 May 2016 23:01:24 +0000: Services for trafficking victims threatened by lack of funding - Monroe - News
In 2015, Louisiana had 75 confirmed cases of human trafficking, according to the National Human Trafficking Resource Center.
- Fri, 27 May 2016 22:27:35 +0000: Program to create work-ready students launches in West Carroll - Monroe - News
A six-week program with the goal of creating an effective workforce was unveiled in Oak Grove on Friday.
- Fri, 27 May 2016 22:26:29 +0000: Councils on Aging testify on proposed cuts to senior centers - Monroe - News
Currently, and since 1984, Louisiana spends about 20 cents a month on each one of its senior citizens, about $1,000 less than what the state spends on a prisoner in the same time period.